Self–sabotage is when part of your personality acts in conflict with another part of your personality. Self-defeating, self–sabotaging behaviours can be serious, like substance abuse, overeating, and even self-injury… but they can also be subtle, and often missed in our busy day to day lives. We may not even realise that we are sabotaging our goals, our career or even our abundance.
Self-sabotage occurs when your logical, conscious mind (the side of you that says you need to improve your chances and amass abundance) is at odds with your subconscious mind (the side of you that knows you could do a small, simple thing to get some money into your bank account, but distracts you with a myriad of shiny objects including shopping or anything to take your focus off the task at hand).
Self-sabotage is normal, you may experience a blip when things start to move in the right direction. If you have been manifesting on a higher level and opportunities start to knock, this is the perfect time for self-sabotage to raise its ugly little head…
There are three main situations when self-sabotage happens:
- Something amazing comes into your life but you make sure you destroy it
- You have the opportunity to do something positive for yourself or your business but instead, you do nothing
- You know what you need to do to make money but you put it off and allow yourself to get distracted
If you have even the teeniest tiniest thought or voice in your head telling you you are standing in your own way, it could be a sign that you are self-sabotaging. Self-sabotage involves behaviours or thoughts that keep you away from what you desire most in life. It’s that internal sentiment gnawing at us, saying “you can’t do this.”
It’s also not something to be embarrassed about, its best to actually recognise that it is happening and do something about it. It happens to the very best of people and the best thing you can do about it is fix it as fast as possible.
Self-sabotage has been around since the beginning of time… there are some great sayings to describe it:
He would cut off his nose to spite his face!
‘if you think you can, you can… if you think you can’t… you can’t”
‘We sabotage the great things in our lives because deep down, we don’t feel worthy of having these great things’ Taressa Riazzi
What to do about it:
- On a physical level, I would put some rules down on paper. Make sure you stick to them like glue. Remember that if you write down your rules and don’t stick to them, your subconscious mind is taking note and will reinforce your behaviour. If you do stick to them it will reward you by helping you to stick to them in future. Give it a try… you will be pleasantly surprised.
- On a metaphysical level, download and listen to the energy healing from our website to fast track your self-sabotage healing.